Thursday, March 29, 2012

Buffalo Chicken & Sweet Potatoes! SOLD!!

First off, what a difference a day makes!  I feel so much better than I did yesterday.  I think I'm finally getting over this insane cold virus that's been wreaking havoc on me all month!  Thank goodness!!  I'm down a few pounds but I'm sure it's just because I haven't been eating as much as I should since my throat has been so sore.  We'll see if I can keep them off. ;-)

So, back to what this post is about.  Buffalo chicken and sweet potatoes.  Two of my favorite foods. Guess what?  I found a recipe that combines the two and the best part is that it is super easy and healthy! Sweet potatoes have a lot of vitamins and nutrients that our bodies need.  I try to have them as often as possible so when I got this recipe in my email, I knew I had to try it.  Plus, I already had everything in my kitchen anyway.

Before I go any further, I want to give recognition to the woman behind this recipe.  Kristine is behind the blog BusyButHealthy and I absolutely adore it!  A few months back, I signed up to receive her newsletters and I am so glad that I did.  So, without babbling on too much, let's get to the recipe.


Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes

Ingredients
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 6 oz chicken, shredded & chopped
- 1 cup 0% greek yogurt
- Franks hot sauce, to taste
- 1/3 cup green onions, chopped
- Garlic powder & pepper to taste

Directions:
Cook sweet potatoes. Poke sweet potatoes with fork all over and microwave for 6-7 minutes on one side, flip and cook another 5-6 minutes on the other size. Time depends on size of sweet potato. You'll know when its done when a fork goes through it easily. Set aside to cool for a few minutes.

Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix together chicken, greek yogurt, hot sauce and green onions.

Cut sweet potato in half, scoop out about half the filling and replace with the buffalo chicken mixture.

Serving is 1/2 to 1 sweet potato with filling


This recipe was so good!  I can not wait to have leftovers tomorrow for lunch.  I really felt satisfied after eating it instead of too full to move.  I wasn't sure how the greek yogurt would mix into it but it was perfect.  I really recommend everyone trying this recipe out and signing up to receive Kristine's newletters.












No comments:

Post a Comment